Day 7: 31 days is a lot of days

When I committed to this project last week, I knew I was being impulsive. But liking people was on my heart, so it's what I jumped at. I could easily list 31 people that I felt needed to know...I'd just work my way through my own family and get into the mid-20s...

But what I didn't consider was confidentiality. It's one thing to write "Brother," or "Sister." I have one of each. Can't mix 'em up. But I am about to dive into a matrix of nephews, nieces and in laws that, without using names, is likely to confuse even me. And then if I start in on friends? Well, it's going to start sounding like a litany of unspoken praise reports. "Ive got this friend..."

So because this challenge is primarily about me typing something for 31-days, I'm going to go back to the drawing board, and maybe figure out how to tell some of these stories in a different way.



Speaking of doing something a different way - remember that sister I wrote about? Well, she married this incredible guy - maybe the most likeable guy on the planet. This guy is a do-anything-for-anybody, scout master, 80s-hair-band-rocking drummer who knows everything about everything and is completely down for a good time, anytime. And he can FIX ANYTHING. It may take him hours or days and a hundred different ways, but he will work like a Doozer until he figures it out.

He is agreeable, affirming and affectionate, a perfect balance in a family who, for the most part, is challenging, challenging and, well, challenging. He is committed to and adoring of my sister and their three? four? it seems like 100? kids. I like him a lot, and I wish we got to spend more time together. 

And today is his birthday. So happy birthday, Brother-in-law. I like you very much!!


 

This post is part of a 31 day writing challenge. 
You can find links to the rest of the posts in the series here.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

Block the Door

It's Time to Stop the Bleeding: A Manifesto on Friendship