In The Quiet Moments


I like to write in the quiet moments. My last post was April 28, 2011. Two years ago. There have not been a lot of quiet moments since then.


From time to time, I will start a new exercise regimen. I will dive headlong into it, declaring THIS to be the time that I will reach my potential as an athlete, rid my body of those pesky toxins and finally fit back into those skinny jeans that barely fit before my third baby was delivered by C-section. I will find new motivations and time will magically appear in my day where I can squeeze in a workout. I will dress in exercise clothes because I am a person who exercises, and I want you to know it.

In those times, it seems so easy, like something that I could have been doing all along. But then I'll get a sinus infection, or go on a vacation, or it'll rain for a week so I can't run and life gets in the way and the skinny jeans get tucked further back in the closet and the sneakers get dusty, and the thought of picking up where I left off is entirely too discouraging, so I'll eat a cookie. And after a few weeks of cookies instead of crunches, the fat jeans shrink on me and I'll find myself with a window of time that seems right for exercise and I will be paralyzed. I will think about exercising, maybe even plan on it, usually dress for it, and then I will have another cookie and plan to workout tomorrow.

And now, after a two year hiatus from the keyboard, I find myself with a quiet moment and I am frozen. Momentum completely lost, brain out of shape, lamenting the amount of time lost on whatever personal journey writing carries me.

Alas. I make no declarations about THIS being the time where I reach my potential as a blogger, but I do acknowledge that my brain craves the activity, and it's a muscle I'd like to keep fit.

Sooo...any writing prompts? Suggestions? Stories you'd like to hear? I'm going to need some help putting the cookie down.

Comments

I too know your battle. My husband has a bachelor degree in exercise physiology. When we got married he had like 6% body fat. My wedding dress was a size 0! Fast forward 15 years, 3 c-sections and eating out 5 nights a week. I finally reached my heaviest weight ever last July. Of course besides weight my health was an issue. I drank about a gallon of soda and fruit juice a day. I ate fast food for lunch 3-4 times a week. I rarely ate fresh fruit and never took vitamins or supplements. Not because I didnt know better but mostly because getting fit was always something I was going to do tomorrow. My dear friend took a picture of me at a fourth of July party and posted it on facebook. I looked huge and not only did it make me feel awful, I didnt recognize myself anymore! So August first I began seeing a personal trainer at LA Fitness. It took 4 months to get used to waking up early and getting to the gym in the dark. Somedays I'd come home and crawl back into bed. But eventually started to see results. I must confessthat I did a cycle of the HCG Injections which shed 18 off in 40 days. I dont regret using it but I do not recommend it. I have suffered some hormonal side effects since coming off the drug. However, that diet and prayer helped me kick my soda and sugar habit. I have not had a soda since October and I use Truvia in my coffee. I am at the gym 3-4 days a week. I weight train, barely any cardio. I am eating a live foods, limited animal product diet of about 1400 calories and have maintained a 35lb. weight loss since Christmas. My mantra everyday is "30 days from now you'll wish you started 30 days ago". I also remind myself every morning "I am THAT girl who get up a 5am to go to the gym!" I saw a pin on pinterest that said "First they'll ask you why you do it. Then they'll ask you how you did it!". Its true altering my life style brought flack from ny friends. They said I was being extreme. Now they gasp...."how are you keeping it off?". I would love to continue this journey with you. Its not out of reach for any of us BUT it is NOT easy or without sacrafice!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

A Baptism Story

Where is Mister Rogers When You Need Him?