It's not forgetting. It's remembering.

I think, the older I get, the more I remember.


Taking the clothes out of the washer, I remember that I have been meaning to clean that little rubber seal thing for like 3 months. Putting the clothes into the dryer, I remember that I need to sweep the area in front of the dryer where the used dryer sheets seem to go to die. Heading back into the kitchen, I pass the shelf where we keep the soda and remember that we need more diet coke, and then remember that I would like a diet coke right now.

I open the fridge to look for a diet coke and remember that I need to come up with a dinner plan. Digging through the freezer for meat, I remember that I froze those strawberries from last week and was meaning to have a smoothie this morning. Reaching for the blender I remember that someone asked me for a drink - did I ever do that? I don't remember, but both children are otherwise occupied so everything must be fine. Although, I do remember something about asking them to clean their rooms.

Checking on the girls, I remember that I was going to vacuum in there last week. I also remember that I told them we'd have naps today - but it's a little late now so we'll do some reading instead. Reading. That makes me remember that I'm in the middle of a really good book, and I do remember promising myself a little more reading time.

Picking up my Kindle and seeing it fully charged, I remember that my phone needed to be charged. So heading back into the kitchen to plug in my phone, I hear the buzz coming from the laundry room and I remember that there's laundry ready to be switched over again. Which reminds me that I wanted to clean that rubber seal thing...

Dory Image copyright DWW

Comments

Laura C. said…
Haha! No it's not just you...it's all of us.
Becky said…
Just like "When you Give a Pig a Pancake" books!! I can sooooo relate!!! Especially to the threats of naps and than, alas, no nap.
I was going to say what Becky said - it's the mom version of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie!
Amy said…
Haha! Matt said the same thing - I really wasn't thinking that until he pointed it out, so yes, either I totally ripped off the Mouse or I should copyright it right now, track down an illustrator and write the mom version...

If You Give A Mom A ... ? Minute? Mess? Meatloaf?
This IS my everyday and why I believe my desk never gets cleaned off anymore! It's comforting to know that I'm not the only Dory in the sea!

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

Block the Door

It's Time to Stop the Bleeding: A Manifesto on Friendship