Summer Plans

We're almost there! With just half a day of school left, I find myself frantically trying to plan for a summer of fun at home.

I'm putting this "on paper" for the accountability provided by the knowledge that a few people read somewhere that I'd be doing this or that. So, here we go...

1. That New Blog Series:
It's true! It's actually underway, though none of it has left my head for the screen yet. I'm hoping to get it going this week. Look, I wrote a synopsis for you:

"Join stay-at-home mom and kitchen illiterate Amy Wright as she chops, dices and sautees her way through every cookbook on her shelf. Rather than allowing them to collect dust any longer, Amy will spend this summer trying out at least one new recipe from books collected and received throughout 10 years of marriage. You'll learn just how reluctant of a cook Amy really is, laughing along with her as she showers herself with graham cracker crumbs and googles simple kitchen vocabulary. You'll also learn why the shelf holds recipe collections from places like The Dillard House, the Garvin Family and the Whosoevers of Eastminster Presbyterian Church. And, maybe she'll even post recipes and pictures."

2. Kids' Plans
Once again, I will be running Camp Mom. This year's theme at Camp Mom will be "Road Trip!" We'll be learning all about the 50 states - I just placed an order for all kinds of fun stuff, hoping that I can instill in my kids my love of maps, geography, US History and other forms of geekery. And if I can't get them excited about it, here's hoping Wakko can help:


3. School Decisions
As wonderful as our school experience has been, we are considering homeschooling the girls for the next school year. I hope to write my way through that decision (again). So be on the lookout for that, as well.

And there you have it! See you soon. :)

Comments

Wow! Big stuff going on for you! I personally can't wait for your new blog series, because it means I'll get to "hear" from you more often. And just like before, I'm sure I'll be fascinated with your schooling decision-making process.
cool mum said…
Exciting stuff--can't wait! Your cooking series reminds me of Julie and Julia, loved that movie! Go Amy!

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

A Baptism Story

Where is Mister Rogers When You Need Him?