And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming

You might be wondering why it's been 3 weeks since I've written anything.

I'm wondering the same thing.

I mean, really. I wrote that fantastic post about celebrating little victories, and then I fell headlong into a spiral of defeat. Sort of.

What really happened was life. And some defeat.

It seems that, no matter what I tell myself, or what God tells me, or what my friends and family tell me, regardless of how rational I can be, in spite of digging to the core of my being to dredge out any bit of patience and determination I can find, I am downright frustrated.

So, there you have it.

My goal date came and went. I suppose I should be thrilled about the victories along the way - like being able to run more than 2 miles, losing a couple of inches, becoming familiar with yoga and the miracle that I actually look forward to spinning classes now... but my reality is that I'm not where I want to be, and I am having trouble seeing any progress. I want results that I can see. And feel.

I'm having a hard time with the "do it to be healthy" mindset. I'm such a child. I want rewards. I want "do it and your body will look fantastic in those cruise photos."

Cruise photos. Now that it's out, I'll tell you: that was the goal. Well, that was a reason for setting the goal for that date. I knew I was going on a cruise. I knew I'd be in a swimsuit. I knew Matt would take 371 photos. I wanted to look at those photos and think, "I did it!" Instead, I look at those photos and I think... ugh. Not what I expected.

So, with that goal date come and gone, it's time for new goals, new dates and new rewards.

Comments

I know what you mean, friend. I have set goal dates so many times. So many times I've wished, hoped, prayed that I would do what it takes to not look awful in [insert event here] pictures. I actually untagged myself in my brother's wedding photos on Facebook for that very reason.

I'm back on the wagon myself, so I'm walking this road with you. And I absolutely believe that you can do it!!!
I think you are wonderful. Your health and happiness are important to me. You are inspiring me to be more healthy, too. Keep it up!
Melanie said…
I've missed reading your posts! Are you going to start up blogging again on what's new in your life?

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

A Baptism Story

Where is Mister Rogers When You Need Him?