Dangling the Carrot - or something

With all of this talk of goals - training goals, fitness goals, shape & measurement goals - I must be careful to remember that goals met = rewards. Or at least it should work that way.

So I need to be prepared! And it must not be something edible! I cannot reward myself with Ice Cream when the next jeans fit.

This seems like it should be easy, but I'm coming up short. My inner administrator would like to create a chart illustrating the reward schedule. I would like the option to forego smaller rewards and roll them into bigger rewards. I would like to devise some type of point plan where I receive instant rewards for passing up empty calories... (i.e. passing up ice cream = 3 points; 15 points = an hour of "me" time.)

But I haven't done that yet, because I can't come up with enough appropriate rewards. I think this is because I am not very good at rewarding myself, at least not with the universally accepted "mom rewards." I loathe shopping for clothes and accessories. I paint my own nails, thankyouverymuch. Spa treatments make me generally uncomfortable.

Your thoughts? Always open to suggestions!

Comments

Long weekends with just you and the hubby. No need for new clothes, or any clothes for that matter.

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

A Baptism Story

Where is Mister Rogers When You Need Him?