This is How it Happens...

After about four weeks, the scale showed virtually no change today. And the tape measure wasn't too generous either.

I would've sworn that over the last two weeks, I have lost at least 10 pounds of sweat. I know I worked off at least 4 inches from my hips and butt at spin class on Saturday. I have passed up at least 8 pounds worth of sweets and french fries.

But the numbers would say that it's not working.

AARRGGGH.

I'm surprised at how easy it was to sink into the despair of helpless frustration. I know I'm doing the right things, and I know that in time it will pay off, but right now I want to eat an entire sleeve of Thin Mints, because it just really doesn't seem to matter. May as well enjoy it.

Fortunately, I'm focused enough this time to recognize this as the pattern that has kept me in this place for the last several years. I get frustrated, and I decide that God wants me to stay just the way I am. It's a powerful argument when I'm feeling discouraged... but not this time.

I have a couple of theories, one being that I actually need to eat more. So I'm going to work on that this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

A Baptism Story

Where is Mister Rogers When You Need Him?