Discouraged

Today I grabbed a dress from the back of the closet. It was one of those times when I was fully expecting to be pleasantly surprised at how much room I had in it.

That didn't happen.

Instead, it fits exactly the same way that it did a few months ago. Hugging the hips a bit. It may fall a little better through the middle, but still, I'm surprised at how discouraged I am that the results aren't coming faster.

I know it's only been a couple of weeks, and that I don't have a lot of control over where the inches come off first. That doesn't make it less frustrating. I want results...NOW.

Comments

Am+a said…
I hear you, Amy.

I have some clothes in my closet that I would LOVE to be able to slip into (rather than wrestle on...), but I don't plan to try them on until... oh... July.

I do, however, have some jeans that fit a whole lot better than they did 2 weeks ago (I bought them after Christmas when my weight was nearing a peak...) so I'm counting that as a victory.

Embrace the SMALL victories; you really are making progress!!!
Amy said…
Amanda - hooray for jeans that fit better!! I think mine have an extra fold of fabric that used to be filled, too. I'm just impatient. :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

A Baptism Story

Where is Mister Rogers When You Need Him?