but...but...but...

This week, I was planning to write about the various excuses I have used to hold onto this extra weight.

Ironically, I keep coming up with excuses that get me out of writing.

For instance, I can't find the paper where I jotted them all down. It would be inefficient to start without finding that paper.

Also, work has begun on the annual fundraising auction for one of the ministries we support. Since I'm leading the committee this year, computer time should be spent begging for stuff. Or organizing stuff. Or administrating stuff.

And it's been really cold here, which means the heat has been on for what seems like weeks now, and my body is not made for these conditions, so I have been battling a headache and sinus pain for a few days.

And, really, if I have time to sit and write, shouldn't I use it to exercise instead?

While all of those are valid reasons for a slow down, they do not excuse me from what I need/want to do. So stay tuned for "Excuse Week."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

A Baptism Story

Where is Mister Rogers When You Need Him?