Grace - 1, Amy's Bad Attitude - 0

Yesterday morning, I was grouchy.

First, I woke up with a headache. A shower always lightens my morning mood, but I didn't shower first thing because I was planning to a) exercise or b) clean house or preferably c) both, but when I emerged from the bedroom the housework for the day seemed an insurmountable task. Both kids woke up whining. Neither kid was moving at a pace adequate for making it out the door before noon. Matt was not home to help. My eyes brimming with tears and my head pounding, I sat in the rocking chair and held my face in my hands - reminding myself to breathe for a few minutes. Knowing that nothing in the world was wrong, except my attitude.

Having (sort of) collected myself, I made it into the kitchen to get lunches made. Here I found Eden, silently marching past me holding this sign she'd been working on while I was having my silent little tantrum:


Instead of snapping back at me, or just robotically doing whatever she had to do to stay out of the way of my "wrath," she showed me grace. Instead of making me hit my head on a cabinet or stub my toe or step on a lego for my bad attitude, God used my little girl to show me grace.

God, please let her keep this heart full of grace.
I know she doesn't get it from me - it has to be all you.

Comments

Kim said…
That is so absolutely adorable! You have two gifts from God, and they will always find a way to show their love.
Oh, that's so sweet! Some days are just like that - what a sweet girl to help cheer you up.
Autumn said…
Oh boy, have I been in your shoes many, many a time! What a "wake up" though when God uses our kiddos to snap us back to reality...

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

A Baptism Story

Where is Mister Rogers When You Need Him?