It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

My favorite Christmas albums, in no particular order:

Michael W. Smith: Christmas
Maybe the first Christmas CD I owned, this was my introduction to the majesty & wonder of Christmas. It's such an inspiring, peaceful, beautiful album. "All is Well" is one of the most perfect Christmas songs ever.

Chris Rice: The Living Room Sessions Christmas

Best enjoyed with a cup of hot cocoa or a glass of wine, sitting in front of a fire with the Christmas tree lights reflecting off the piano next to you. If that scenario isn't accessible, then anytime will work.

Harry Connick, Jr.: Harry for the Holidays

It's Harry.

The Carpenters: Christmas Portrait

It's a classic! I love the less-than-popular song choices on this one.


The Epcot Candlelight Processional

In our copy, the Christmas story is read by Louis Gossett, Jr., The mass choir and orchestrations are really powerful and fun to sing along to. If you're into that sort of thing.

Garth Brooks: Garth Brooks & The Magic of Christmas

Speaking of fun to sing along to - Garth's "Go Tell it on the Mountain" is perfect.

Yours?

Comments

I love Harry, too. I also enjoy the a capella sounds of Tonic Sol-Fa. And the bizarre big band-ness of Brian Setzer Orchestra. And they both have fun Christmas CDs.
Am+a said…
Carpenter's Christmas Portrait is one of my faves too. Another "classic" for me is Amy Grant's first Christmas album, and Barbara Mandrell.

I also love 4 Him's first Christmas album, and James Taylor Christmas. His arrangement of "Jingle Bells" is so fresh & fun. Oh, and don't forget Mannheim Steamroller.
Loren Eaton said…
Rice rocks! Well, not really, but I like his stuff.
Loren Eaton said…
Oh, and we can't forget TSO ...
Amy said…
Photo - thanks for the recommendations! I've never heard either of those. well, I've heard OF Brian Setzer, but not heard his Christmas album

Amanda - I KNEW someone was going to mention that Amy Grant one! Truth is, it IS one of my favorites, but I don't have it, so I didn't think it counted.

Loren - some of our friends saw TSO in concert last Christmas - they said it was awesome. And sort of weird.
I like Jewel's album. She voice is well suited to O Holy Night, my favorite!

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

A Baptism Story

Where is Mister Rogers When You Need Him?