How a Public School Kindergarten Teacher handles a Preaching 5-year-old

"Eden, how did your song go? Did you sing it for the whole class?"

"Yep," she said, and continued coloring.

"Well? Did they like it?"

The crayon moved furiously over the paper as the response tumbled out of the unimpressed lips of a five-year-old.

"Yep. I got two stars."

"TWO STARS?" Stars are given for the kids to wear when they show good displays of certain attitudes. Commitment, Appreciation, Curiosity, etc. "Which two?" I questioned. (Is evangelism a star?)

Down goes the crayon, up comes the face from the paper.

"I got Creativity, because I wrote a song. And I got Confidence, because I wasn't afraid to sing it in front of the whole class."

So that's the answer to the question: "How will a public school kindergarten teacher respond to a student singing a song about God's love in class?"

She responds perfectly.

Comments

Brenda said…
Wow, that's so good to hear. And good for Eden for getting the two stars. Creativity and confidence are two things I'm lacking. lol!
Awesome! Good for that teacher.

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

A Baptism Story

Where is Mister Rogers When You Need Him?