Putting it in Print


Billy Joel is coming. In concert. Here, to South Florida.

I've made up my mind.

I'm not going.

Don't go trying to get me tickets behind my back, either, because I'll sell them.

It's a money thing. There are people who need my money more than Billy does. At least I assume there are. I haven't checked Billy's balance sheet to be sure.

So, on Friday, January 2, I will not be at the Billy Joel concert here in South Florida. Nor will I be at one of the overflow shows they open up when that one sells out.

Tickets go on sale on Saturday. I will not be buying one. There, I've said it.

Comments

Oh...well, I don't really know what to say here. I think your commitment to stewardship is admirable and wise. But from other things you've said and knowing you're a piano girl, I bet this is painful. It's kind of like when I decided not to buy tickets to So You Think You Can Dance when it was in KC last month. Although that was because of my schedule (left the next day for Nashville) and not because of any stewardship commitments. It's hard making good choices...

Really - even if someone bought you tickets you wouldn't go?
Amy said…
Really, I wouldn't. I've seen him many times, and there really are so many better things to do with the money - especially around Christmas!

Now, if I were to *win* tickets...
What if I bought each of us a ticket as my Christmas present to myself. Would you go with me? This is, of course, rhetorical as I am broke.
Amy said…
Well, I wouldn't want to ruin your Christmas. And maybe, if you kept it a surprise and just said, like, "hey, let's go wander around the Hard Rock and see what's going on tonight..." and just sprung it on me so that I had no choice and no ride home...

But I'd have to feed a homeless guy on the way down there or something.
Brenda said…
I hope you win a couple tickets!

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

A Baptism Story

Where is Mister Rogers When You Need Him?