I've been sick

This is Day 9 or 10 of the yuck. I'm sad to report that I don't feel much better today than I did on Days 2 or 3. It's killing my productivity by sapping my motivation by draining my energy by wearing out my nose, chest, head...

I've had a few sick realizations though:

1. When nothing else sounds good and there is no position in which I am comfortable, Gone With The Wind provides solace and distraction.

2. Tissues made from recycled material are a noble idea and great value, until you have to use 137 of them per day. Then they are sandpaper.

3. Persistent coughing attacks WILL wait for the most inappropriate moments to happen. For me this week: corporate prayer time, Bible study lecture time.

4. Cleaning house is satisfying, but does not usher the germs out of the house. At least not the ones holding on to my trachea for dear life.

5. No matter how much I understand, having people take a step back from me when they discover I'm "infectious" still stings just a bit.

How's everyone else feeling?

Comments

Loren Eaton said…
Fine, but I'm a little paranoid about illness. Stay back, Typhoid Amy ...

(Joke, I joke!)
Unknown said…
Hey...I give hugs regardless of germs and warnings. So my behaviour might invade personal space, but does not make you "sting."
Oh, yuck, Amy! I'm sorry to hear you've been sick for so long! I hope TODAY is the day you feel better!

(I'm feeling a bit tired, as Photobaby woke up and cried from about 3am to 4am. Other than that, though, doing just fine.)
Brenda said…
Oh, so sorry you're not feeling well. That whole coughing thing is so irritating. I can relate about it flaring up at the most inappropriate times. Usually all night long also.
Hope you get well soon!
Autumn said…
I'm sorry you're feeling badly :) I hope you feel better soon.

By the Way, the Kids and I have been on Juice Plus for almost 5 years and this has REALLY helped the sickness factor in our house..especially with school germs coming in. It made a huge difference in our health if you are ever interested let me know!

Hip Mama
Anonymous said…
i second the Juice Plus advice...but then that just makes me look like the stereotyped healthy type. :)
But i wish you the best...

(Bio-K at WholeFoods..a probiotic...what does yogurt have to do with a cold...try it and see :)

~Vanessa
I'm a nurse. I don't get ill. I would care for you without rejection!!!!!
Miss Mandy said…
We've passed it around once & it started to make its rounds again.

Somehow we avoided EVERYONE getting it a second time.

And I totally agree..Gone w/ the Wind is a sure fire way to feel better.

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

A Baptism Story

Where is Mister Rogers When You Need Him?