As if getting a phone call weren't fun enough...

My cell phone has a very standard ring. "Bop ba-da-bop bop bop!" (or, for you pitch perfect readers, C-E-C-G-G-C). I chose it because it's not annoying.

But when a very special, select few call or text me (though it seems to be seeping into the rest of my contact list for reasons unknown), I have a very non-standard ring. Several times a day, Billy rocks my phone to life and I get to sing along:

You may be right!
I may be crazy...
OHHHH but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for!
turn out the lights...

It's been set like that for months and I have to confess, it still makes me smile. Every. Single. Time. It was quite possibly the happiest $1.99 I have ever spent. There are still times when I let it go to voice mail so the song will play through. I continue to answer the phone singing the next line. It doesn't seem to be getting old. Maybe that is a sign that I am?


Comments

Cool Dad said…
CM has a special ring on my cell phone as well. It sounds like a harp and a pre-selected graphic of a girl blinking her eyes in a pouty manner appears. She looks like Velma from Scooby Doo.
Amy, I definitely don't think this makes you old! :)

My husband and I just got new phones, and he wants to buy a ringtone. I wouldn't mind, except that he wants "Country Boy Can Survive." Maybe I can convince him to use that song for MY number, so I'll never hear it (since I'll be on the other end of the phone calling!).
berry said…
you're doing this the wrong way Amy. you need to give the special people the boring ring. that way you'll have no incentive to let it ring any longer and can talk to them.

for the rest of us shlubs though, you should give the Billy Joel ringtone to. that way you can enjoy the whole song and not feel bad at all.
My phone plays the theme song to Scooby Doo, the oldest one! My children chose it. All the nurses in L/D know it as my phone! I am getting a very odd reputation. Still, it does make me smile.
Anonymous said…
I forgot to mention that there are a few people who cause my phone to chime to life with the Florida Gator Fight Song. Berry, I'm adding you to that group, so that instead of answering ALL the times you call, I will get a good dose of school spirit.
berry said…
well, I'll give you a call tomorrow around 11:55am before kick-off and then again after the game and I'll celebrate with you in spirit.

Go Gators!

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

Block the Door

It's Time to Stop the Bleeding: A Manifesto on Friendship