Top 5 Friday

My darling husband Matt thinks we bloggers have nothing better to do than make lists at his whim. He has created Top 5 Friday for this purpose. He knows I can't resist making a list.

So here is my list of Top 5 Sporting Events attended:

  1. UF wins 52-20 in the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans. I was there.
  2. UF beats FSU in 1995, my first *really* big win in The Swamp.
  3. Westminster Academy beats Trenton in the 1993 Florida State Softball Championship. I hit the tying run in.
  4. Westminster Academy beats someone from Jacksonville in the 1991 Florida State Football Championship. The score was 6-3. It was in Daytona, and it was freezing.
  5. Matt- finish this one for me - what was the game where we all stood around in the stadium after our win and they switched the Jumbo Trons to the game that helped us out... that was cool. We don't remember the specifics, but I'm pretty sure it was watching Florida State lose on a very, very big screen, with a very very large number of people.

I've also been to some Braves games and countless Dolphin games, most of which were in the rain, but the most memorable are those above - and also any of those where I was standing with my stomach in knots, watching my brother take the field for the Gators.

Your turn!

Comments

musingwoman said…
I've only attended about three live sporting events in my entire life, so I'm impressed with your list. :)

Also, I'd like to quote you on my blog ("Swimsuit shopping with 2 kids is, I believe, in the 8th circle of hell"). Would you email me about it?

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

A Baptism Story

Where is Mister Rogers When You Need Him?