Kindergarten

In four months, our oldest daughter will start kindergarten.

I'm not sure what rip in the space-time continuum caused us to arrive at this point already, but it seems to be an inevitable eventuality.

And I don't know how it works for you, but when I am facing a difficult decision, God piles on the options.

"It's great to have options," everyone says. "There's no wrong choice," they say.

"In theory," I say.

See, we had just about decided what we were going to do about school in the fall. Just about. Until... another option arrived in the mail. We'd applied for a magnet program at a nearby public elementary school but were discouraged by the low numbers they promised to accept. It was a lottery. We never win lotteries. So we moved on.

Now, we have a decision to make.

To public school, or not to public school?

We are essentially deciding between the Primary Years Programme magnet at a nearby public school, which feeds into the International Baccalaureate Programme at the middle & high school levels, or participating in a home school co-op through the private, Christian school I attended for most of my life.

I'm sitting here trying to concisely sum up the details of both sides and I can't. There are money reasons and faith reasons and education reasons and principle reasons and mom reasons and family reasons for and against both of our top options. Maybe over time I'll muse about one or the other, but right now, I'm just a little swamped by that decision...and a few others.

So please, if you think about it, will you pray that one of them will jump out at us - fairly soon? Thanks.

Comments

Loren Eaton said…
Tough. We will pray.
Anonymous said…
I dont know, just the fact that they call it a programME instead of your run of the mill program should make it an easy choice...

seriously, you will make the right choice

-brian

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

A Baptism Story

Where is Mister Rogers When You Need Him?