To Geek or Not to Geek? Part 2

A local mall is hosting "The Big People Spelling Bee."

I love Spelling Bees. I love movies about Spelling Bees. One time, I won a Spelling Bee. I even got to go to the District Championship or something, but I got kind of bored in the middle and left. Mainly because it was at the County Fair, and who wants to sit inside with a bunch of spelling kids when there are rides to be ridden and funnel cakes to be eaten?

I meet the requirements - that is, I am a great speller and I am over 21.

And I'm a fan of the Literacy Coalition. At least, I think I am. I'm all for literacy.

But am I all for standing up in the middle of the mall and spelling my heart out? Alone?

I need a spelling buddy. Anyone in?

Comments

I'll get Jack to help. He is his spelling champ in his grade. However, he got bored during the school wide bee, started monkeying for the crowd and missed the "l" in maple. When I asked him what the worst part of his day was, he said, "Spelling 'mape'!"
Jim Jordan said…
Hi Amy,
That's hysterical. My wife and Savannah signed me up for that!

Can you spell eleemosynary?

Wait, I just spelled it for you.
Amy said…
I can even use it in a sentence! (thanks to your handy link). Ready?

"I am currently working on an eleemosynary auction."

How'd I do? Maybe I'll see you there. But now I'm intimidated.
Jim Jordan said…
But now I'm intimidated.


Don't be. I had to look it up first!
:-0

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

A Baptism Story

Where is Mister Rogers When You Need Him?