Giving credit where it's due

Say what you will about our Commander in Chief - the human who has the most difficult job on the planet, the man who is forced to make decisions that affect, yes, quite literally, the entire world. I am in no position to defend him nor can I suppose that I would do the job any better. (And: newsflash! you're probably not either, sorry that you had to hear it here.)

But I always believe in giving credit where it's due, and I can do that by pointing you to this brilliant article by Bob Geldof about the President's accomplishments in and heart for Africa.

(HT: Mark Lee)

Comments

Justmatt said…
I saw this on Mark's blog as well and enjoyed the witty banter between Geldof and GW.
Amy said…
Yes, I think it takes a big person to disagree with someone so decidedly, but still be able to be civil - and even friendly - with them. Geldof does that beautifully here, still able to call attention to the fact that Bush, in spite of questionable decisions, is not necessarily the embodiment of evil or ignorance. I think we can all learn from him here.
Loren Eaton said…
How strange. I just saw this on Justin Taylor's blog.

On a related note, this is the most interesting article on Africa I've ever read.
Amy said…
Thank you for sharing that, Loren - did you reference that article when you guys were here? I remember sharing with you about John Bul Dau's "God Grew Tired of Us" and his conclusion being similar - that the best aid is to support non-corrupt African agencies on the ground who understand the problems unique to Africa.

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

A Baptism Story

Where is Mister Rogers When You Need Him?