What's So Great About New York, Anyway?

My flight to New York left at 9:50 Friday morning.

I wasn't on it.

Without going into too much detail, I will say this: it was either a shining moment in our (almost) 8 year marriage, or one of those you'd like to forget. Don't know yet. :)

What I do know is that instead of gallivanting through the Big Apple with my girlfriends, bundled and shivering while waiting for a cab, developing blisters from my new shoes and pinching pennies ordering only appetizers and salads, I was relaxing in flip flops with my family in North Central Florida.

Instead of circling the Central Park Reservoir, I traipsed through the woods with my girls to hunt alligators in Lake Alice. I traded Serendipity for Harry's and SoHo for Newberry. We hit the Oaks Mall instead of 5th Ave. and watched movies made in New York instead of waving fanatically at cameras in Rockefeller Center.

Another opportunity will come soon (it has to - I have an airline credit that has to be used in a year!) but the moral of the story is: sometimes when you feel like you've had too much family time, what you actually require is the right kind of family time.

Comments

Okay, if Mil gets a job... We will use your credit and I will play your N.Y. tour guide!
Cool Dad said…
So sorry that you missed out on NYC, but I'm glad you enjoyed GNV!
Amy said…
AHA! And THAT would count as family time! You're onto something, Jennifer. :)

CD - a good time WAS had by all. We were sorry to have missed some opportunities to hang with some of our friends, due to the last-hour planning...but the change of scenery did everyone good.

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

A Baptism Story

Where is Mister Rogers When You Need Him?