Amy: Unplugged

I have not been sleeping well lately. I haven't been waking up, but, instead, my brain has been moving at a breakneck pace from crazy, intense dream to crazy, intense dream. Think of the boat ride in the original Willy Wonka, with fewer insects. (One of last night's featured me in the cast of Sweeney Todd - speaking of Johnny Depp.)

The result: tension, slothfulness, jaw soreness and some very intense headaches.

I've been accommodating by relying on caffeine and naptime. I'm treating myself as if I'm sick, therefore not exercising because I don't feel good. The naps perpetuate the bad sleep, and the caffeine perpetuates the headaches. I'm kind of a mess, I guess.

So I've unplugged myself. No caffeine, cold turkey. It means that for a few days I'll be relying on Advil, but that's not as addictive. And naps - well, we're going to switch over to "reading" time for awhile, until I feel like I can turn it into exercise time or project time or something.

Just thought I'd let you know my plan, in case I am absent or grouchy for a few days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

A Baptism Story

Where is Mister Rogers When You Need Him?