An Open Letter to Everyone's Favorite Morning Radio Host


Dear Mr. Morning Radio Host,

How dare you, Mr. Morning Radio Host, while thinking out loud on air, suggest that we all turn around and give our tax refund checks to Compassion International?

It's an economic stimulus package! Didn't you think of that? How will sending our money to poor people out of the country stimulate the US economy? Huh? That's just an un-American suggestion! You are proposing that we send our economy into further tumult, just to satisfy your whim of feeding orphans! If we don't use our money to consume more stuff, or go on little vacations or invest wisely, then, well, the package will be all for naught, and we will all be guilty of treason, or something.

What are you trying to do? Save the world or something? Start a movement? You are a danger to this economy, sir.

Sincerely,
Amy Wright, who is thinking that there may be something to this, and will soon be investigating ways to encourage people to do it, provided the Senate approves the plan.

Comments

Justmatt said…
As I mentioned in my latest post -
"Heal the world... make it a better place...." (I HEART MJ)

I say we call this the "Compassion Club Stimulous Package"
julia said…
My boss says he'll buy a new LCD screen.

I asked him if we could watch my Compassion DVD on it, and he said it would be fine, as long as we could use the picture-in-picture to keep NASCAR on, too.

Pretty cool.

By the way, this is Brant, but I'm signing in as Teapot Sue, who's really my daughter. I realize I will not survive this embarrassment. I'm fully aware of this, but I can't avoid it. Fortunately, I am completely secure with my masculinity.
Justmatt said…
Welcome aboard 'Teapot Sue' - May I call you Teapot for short?
Cool Dad said…
This Brant Hansen fellow confuses me and frightens me. Is he just another accordion-playing charmer trying to use other people's money to help the less fortunate?? Like that guy who lived in the forest... Peter Pan? And I don't even like his peanut butter.
Jim Jordan said…
Great post Amy and a great idea. Every economist I've read has said the stimulus package is the "stupidest idea" (yes, those words) they've ever heard of. At least we can make it worth while by donating it to Comapssion Int'l.
Amy said…
I like to think about the government scratching their heads in disbelief, watching their stimulus package stimulating the developing world.

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

Where is Mister Rogers When You Need Him?

Block the Door