Da-Dadada-da. da. da. (bum bum)

50 questions. 15 seconds each. Approximately 10 minutes of "I'm not as smart as I think I am."

I would say that I knew 50% of the Jeopardy Online Test answers with confidence. First book of the New Testament? Happen to be studying that one in BSF right now. Politician who played bass guitar on The Tonight Show in January? Thank you, David Kuo, for posting the clips! Tim Gunn hosts what show? Never seen it, but I know the answer! I knew about Barry Bonds' asterisk, the capital of North Dakota and well, a few other things that I can't remember right now.

A very intimidating timer ticked away while I read, processed and then, if necessary, Googled the answers. (It's an internet test! What do they expect?) Google helped me learn - in time - that Fidelio was the only opera Beethoven composed. I think that's the only answer I actually made it back in time with.

Now, here's the thing. My reading leads me to believe that the test doesn't really mean anything, other than indicating my interest in being on the show. There was something about "Random Selection" for in-person interviews, which seems to be where the real stuff happens. So, now, I wait for my "invitation," where I convince them of my mad trivia skills, lightning fast trigger finger and charming on-screen personality.

Comments

Cool Dad said…
You rock and roll for going for it! Can't wait to hear that you got your invitation.

CM kept egging me on that I should take the test, too. I refused and I'm glad I did. Out of those Qs you listed, I would've gotten

Matthew
maybe the Bonds one
Bismarck, ND?

i'm more of a Wheel of Fortune kind of guy
RC said…
oh wow...that's cool...

I would love to be on Jeopardy...i like to keep track of my score when I'd watch (which has been quiet a while)...

of course I shout out an answer to every question, never subtracting points for questions I might happen to miss.
Anonymous said…
The other night, I figured out that I'm a very smart teenage...I rocked Teen Jeopardy! Not so much a smart adult though!
--Rhoda

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

A Baptism Story

Where is Mister Rogers When You Need Him?