I'm tired

I wonder how much Red Bull Betty Crocker drinks this time of year. I wonder when she hits the wall and decides that no one else, not one more person, is getting anything homemade. Away with the condensed milk and powdered sugar and candy bark coating. Starbucks cards for everyone.

Every year, I begin December with renewed ambition.

Every year, I slam headlong into the Christmas wall. The only problem is that this year, I crashed early. I still have baking to do. But I hit the wall. Mid-cookie, actually.

As I was pushing little Hershey's hugs into little fudgy circles this afternoon I thought, that will be enough, thank you. She asked for 3 dozen for tonight's exchange? She's getting 2. Into the fridge with the extra dough. (because in spite of my angsty talk here, I know I will finish the batch. I'm not one to throw out perfectly good cookie dough.)

To date this December, I have made a huge batch of puppy chow, 24 minty brownies, 3 dozen peppermint shortbread cookies and 6 dozen chocolate crinkles. And 2 dozen Fiesta Fudge cookies, plus another 2 dozen this evening. Remaining: candy dipped pretzels, for Saturday.

THEN, I think, I am done. Too bad that I'm already...done.

Comments

Justmatt said…
at least it is all yummy!
Cool Dad said…
That sounds like some incredible chocolatey goodness! You are doing the Lord's work.
Justmatt said…
2 cool points to cool dad for equating your baking to the Lord's work.
cool mum said…
puppy chow...it's been a LONG time. I think that's one thing I could handle making this year. yum!
Amy said…
Yes! Puppy Chow is my go-to teacher gift, because the kids actually can help me make it... and it's yummy.
Cool Dad said…
i'm holding you to that, CM

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

Where is Mister Rogers When You Need Him?

Block the Door