The Target Date

All good weight loss programs will encourage their participants to set a target date.

My target date is usually "3 years ago." This probably has something to do with my chronic frustration. I want it off, and I want it off 3 years ago. Even if I have an arbitrary future date set, my reality is that this extra baggage shouldn't be here in the first place, so I shouldn't even be having this argument with myself, and having to spend time and effort getting rid of something that I never asked for in the first place goes against all of my efficiency instincts.

People say weight loss is a journey that I have to take with myself. Starting a trip with someone you're mad at it is not an auspicious beginning.

So this time, I am putting what's past behind me (technically it already is...behind me), giving myself and my extra 20 a great big hug and packing for a great trip. Destination: February 25.

February 25 isn't as arbitrary as my usual target dates. We'll just leave it at that, for now.

Comments

It's good to have a date with your goal. My big goal is my birthday (in December), but I need to set smaller ones for the trip along the way...

Popular posts from this blog

The Gospel According to Daddy Warbucks

Block the Door

Where is Mister Rogers When You Need Him?